Dormouse's Diary

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Finally some pictures

I have been so bad about keeping up with this blog. I love reading everyone elses but mine just seems so boring in comparison.

We would usually celebrate Yule in style but it was only me and himself at home and we both had horrible colds so it passed practically unnoticed. We did open a bottle but after half a glass we called it quits and went to bed.

Xmas was rather better and the boys had a wonderful day. Boxing Day we visited my Mum and Dad for their Wedding Anniversary and delivered their quilts. It was only after they had opened the parcels did we realise that we'd left the camera at home. Oops!!! My Dad has a 'real' camera and took pictures but I have to wait for him to get them developed. Next time we visit I'll try and remember to take some more.

The snakes and ladders quilt seemed to be a hit. I haven't seen them yet but my brother sounded thrilled on the phone. I must admit I was pleased with the way it turned out.

Here's the whole thing. Please excuse the total chaos in the front room. I'm usually very untidy but this was half way through moving things to get the tree and decorations up and was even worse than normal.



The eyes were sparkly plastic 'crystals'. Note my really horrible wobbly quilting. Hopefully my nephew and neice won't contact the Quilting Police.



I liked the material on the back. My friend Donna sent it to me in the hope that I could use it. Hey babe... I did!!!!!



I made square counters, round ones didn't work too well so I tried again. The dice came from the auto shop. :D

4 Comments:

At 6/1/07 16:45 , Blogger Penny said...

One of the first things about writing a blog I read was that you should "write what you'd like to read". Personally I tend to write what I like to write, and read other people's blogs for what I'd like to read.

Anyway, we're all worrying about whether our blogs are boring too.

 
At 6/1/07 17:07 , Blogger Dormouse said...

I'm not much of a writer, that's why lots of photos when the camera is working. :)

 
At 8/1/07 15:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the snakes and ladders quilt. I'm sure they were very thrilled with it.

 
At 9/1/07 14:54 , Blogger Dormouse said...

Thanks Tami :) I got a lovely thank you letter from them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home